Episode 91 features Bushmills The Original Irish Whisky. The entry level bottling from the first licensed whisky distillery in the world, bottled in 750ml at 40% ABV, or 80 proof and it retails for $30.
Enjoy this episode with some Bushmills neat.
Bushmills' official website: https://bushmills.com/
Brief Historical Timeline:
- 1276 - Written record of whisky production in northern Ireland
- 1608 - Whisky distilling license is signed by King Phillip I
- 1784 - The Old Bushmills Distillery Company is formed by Hugh Anderson
- 1860 - Distillery is purchased by James McColgan and Patrick Corrigan
- 1885 - Fire destroys the distillery, but it's rebuilt
- 1890 - The SS Bushmills steamship embarks on a voyage to America
- 1972 - Bushmills joins Irish Distillers Ltd.
- 1988 - Pernod Ricard purchases Irish Distillers Ltd.
- 2005 - Bushmills is sold to Diageo
- 2008 - The Bank of Ireland commemorates the 400th anniversary of the distillery license by featuring the Old Bushmills distillery on the revers of the £20 note
- 2014 - Bushmills is traded to Jose Cuervo for 50% of Don Julio
- 2020 - Bushmills is the third most popular Irish Whisky by sales, selling just shy of 745,000 9-liter equivalent cases
Bushmills is perfect on its own, but also can be mixed. Drink it like you would any whisky you enjoy.
Official show website is: www.liquorandliqueurconnoisseur.com
Join my mailing list: http://eepurl.com/hfyhHf