Episode 83 features Ancho Reyes Liqueur which is bottled in 750ml at 40% ABV, or 80 proof, and it retails for about $27.
Enjoy this episode with a spicy margarita.
Ancho Reye's official website: https://anchoreyes.com/
Brief Historical Timeline:
- 1927 - Locally made Menjurje of Ancho Chiles is consumed in Puebla, Mexico
- 2013 - Ancho Reyes liqueur is launched
- 2016 - Ancho Reyes Verde is introduced
- 2017 - Sales reach about 40,000 cases
- 2019 - The Campari Group buys Ancho Reyes as part of a $35.7 million deal
- 2021 - Drinks International ranks Ancho Reyes as the 8th most popular liqueur
Ancho Reyes is sweetened, and therefore can be used in place of other sweeteners in cocktails. Try this spicy margarita recipe from the back label:
1 oz. Ancho Reyes
1 oz. Tequila
0.75 oz. Fresh Lime Juice
0.5 oz. Light Agave Syrup
Shake with ice, strain into a double rocks glass over ice, garnish with a lime wheel.
Official show website is: www.liquorandliqueurconnoisseur.com
Join my mailing list: http://eepurl.com/hfyhHf