Episode 81 features Jose Cuervo Especial, also known as Cuervo Gold, which is bottled in 750ml at 40% ABV, or 80 proof, and it retails for about $20.
Enjoy this episode with some Jose Cuervo Especial Gold in a Margarita or other tequila cocktail.
Cuervo's official website: https://cuervo.com/
Brief Historical Timeline:
- 1758 - Jose Antonio de Cuervo y Valdes was given a land grant by King Fernand VI to plant agave in Mexico
- 1795 - Jose Maria Guadalupe de Cuervo y Montana receives a license from King Carlos IV to produce tequila commercially, launching the tequila industry
- 1812 - La Rojeña, the distillery, is founded
- 1852 - The first Cuervo tequila makes its way to California
- 1880 - Cuervo wins a gold medal, and becomes the first tequila to be individually bottled
- 1900 - The brand "Jose Cuervo" is created
- 1945 - Jose Cuervo runs ads promoting the Margarita cocktail, featuring Cuervo
- 1970s - Tequila gains a designation of origin from Mexico, and the Rolling Stones drink a lot of Cuervo in Tequila Sunrise cocktails
- 1989 - The family sells 49% of the company to a predecessor of Diageo
- 2017 - Jose Cuervo becomes publicly traded on the Mexican stock market through an IPO of the parent company Becle SA de CV
Try a Margarita, or do a shot, or go back to the disco era and try this:
1.5 oz. Jose Cuervo Especial Gold
3 oz. Orange Juice
.5 oz. Grenadine
Pour over ice, garnish with a cherry and orange slice.
Official show website is: www.liquorandliqueurconnoisseur.com
Join my mailing list: http://eepurl.com/hfyhHf