Episode 79 features Black Velvet Canadian Whisky, the second best selling blended Canadian whisky on the market, and a tremendous value. Bottled in 750ml at 40% ABV, or 80 proof, it retails for about $10.
Enjoy this episode with a whisky cocktail of your choice, made with Black Velvet.
Black Velvet's official website: https://www.blackvelvetwhisky.com/
Brief Historical Timeline:
- 1946 - The whisky for the first bottling was distilled
- 1951 - The brand was launched, as a range of Velvet named whisky, Black Velvet was the only one to survive in the marketplace
- 1969 - The first Black Velvet Lady is introduced, a spokesmodel campaign that endured into the 1990s
- 1973 - Production moves to a purpose built distillery in Alberta, Canada
- 1991 - Automation is added to the distillery, vastly reducing employee count and increasing efficiency
- 2014 - Sales hit a high of 2.05 million 9-liter equivalent cases
- 2019 - Heave Hill Brands acquires Black Velvet
Black Velvet works well in cocktails. Enjoy it in anything calling for a blended Canadian whisky.
Official show website is: www.liquorandliqueurconnoisseur.com
Join my mailing list: http://eepurl.com/hfyhHf