Episode 78 features Crystal Head Vodka, an exceptionally pure spirit bottled in a skull shaped 750ml at 40% ABV, or 80 proof, it retails for about $45.
Enjoy this episode with some Crystal Head Vodka mixed in your favorite cocktail.
Crystal Head Vodka's official website: https://www.crystalheadvodka.com/
Brief Historical Timeline:
- 2007 - Dan Aykroyd and John Alexander have lunch and Alexander's idea for the skull shaped bottle comes up in conversation
- 2008 - The brand launches
- 2008 - The movie, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is released in theaters
- 2011 - The vodka wins a double gold medal at the San Francisco World Spirits Competition
- 2011 - Sales surpass 1 million bottles
- 2015 - Crystal Head Aurora is launched, made from rye
- 2020 - Crystal Head Onyx is launched, made from Weber Blue Agave
Crystal Head Vodka is very pure, and a perfect clean slate for cocktails.
Try it how Dan Aykroyd likes it, in a simple dirty vodka martini:
- 2 oz. Crystal head Vodka
- Splash of white vermouth
- Splash of olive juice
Pour into a shaker full of ice, shake and strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish if you like. Enjoy!
Book: Vodka - How a Colorless, Odorless, Flavorless Spirit Conquered America by Victorino Matus
Official show website is: www.liquorandliqueurconnoisseur.com
Join my mailing list: http://eepurl.com/hfyhHf