Episode 77 features Licor 43, Cuarenta Y Tres, a Spanish liqueur. (Why this wasn't episode 43, I don't know, I missed it!) Bottled in 750ml at 31% ABV, or 62 proof, it retails for about $25.
Enjoy this episode with Licor 43 neat, or with espresso.
Licor 43's official website: https://www.licor43.com/
Brief Historical Timeline:
- 209 BC - The Roman's conquer a part of southern Spain and encounter "Liqvor Mirabilis" that Licor 43 is said to be based on
- 1946 - The Zamora family begin bottling Licor 43 themselves
- 1950s & 60s - Advertising is used to cement the brands position in the Spanish market
- 1970s - Exports to other parts of Europe and the Americas begin
- 1980s - The brand builds a sailing ship to sail around the Cape of Good Hope and Cape Horn
- 2011 - Licor 43 is recognized as the fastest growing premium liqueur in its category
- 2010s - Investments are made to double production capacity
- 2015 - New bottle is designed
- 2016 - Brand extension comes
- 2020 - Ready-to-Drink (RTD) products featuring Licor 43 are introduced
Licor 43 has many key cocktails and their own glasses - visit their website for more.
The Carajillo is so popular, it's sold as an RTD bottle. But you can easily make your own, here's how:
- 1 Part Licor 43
- 1 Shot of Espresso
Pour the Licor 43 over ice, top with the hot shot of Espresso. Enjoy!
Official show website is: www.liquorandliqueurconnoisseur.com
Join my mailing list: http://eepurl.com/hfyhHf