Episode 72: Pau Maui Vodka
Episode 72 features Pau Maui Vodka, a vodka made in Hawaii from pineapples! Bottled in 750ml at 40% ABV, or 80 proof, it retails for $19.
Enjoy this episode with your favorite vodka based cocktail!
Pau Maui's official website: https://paumaui.com/
Brief Historical Timeline:
- 1949 - The LeVecke family gets into the drinks business
- 1980s - LeVecke begins doing business in Hawaii, building Hawaiian brands
- 2006 - Open the Hali'imaile Distilling Company in Maui
- 2008 - License is issued.
- 2015 - Packaging has been updated, and a tasting room opens at the distillery
- 2018 - LeVecke buys the 800 acre Maui Gold Pineapple plantation
Pau Maui is unflavored vodka, so the list of cocktails is literally endless. Recipes are on the brand's website.
Link to Distillery Coordinates on the Bottle
Wikipedia Article on Pineapple
Flaviar Description of the Distillery
Business Journal Article on Purchase of Maui Gold Pineapple
YouTube Video on the Distillery for LeVecke Team
Pau Maui Vodka Featured On Drinking Made Easy
Original Promotional Video on YouTube
Official show website is: www.liquorandliqueurconnoisseur.com
Join my mailing list: http://eepurl.com/hfyhHf