Episode 71 features Jägermeister, a herbal liqueur originally developed by a hunter for hunters, that became a global sensation when the college crowd in the US discovered chilled shots and clever marketing was applied. Bottled in 750ml at 35% ABV, or 70 proof, it retails for $26.
Enjoy this episode with a shot of Jägermeister, and I dare you to try it neat!
Jägermeister's official website: https://www.jagermeister.com/en-US
Brief Historical Timeline:
- 1878 - Wilhelm Mast founds a vinegar business
- 1934 - Jägermeister recipe is perfected by Curt Mast
- 1972 - Sidney Frank begins importing Jägermeister to the USA
- Early 1980s - A Baton Rouge Louisiana newspaper said that Jägermeister, to the drinker, is instant Valium.
- 1980s - The Jägerettes, attractive women promoting the drink, are introduced
- 1993 - The Tap Machine is launched
- 2015 - Mast Jägermeister buys Sidney Frank Importing
- 2019 - US sales are 1.49 million 9-liter cases, and about 7 million cases are sold worldwide
Jägermeister is consumed as a chilled shot. To really get into a party mood, try a Jäger Bomb.
- 1 oz. Jägermeister
- 3 - 4 oz. Red Bull energy drink
Drop a shot glass filled with the Jägermeister into a glass filled with the Red Bull. Drink as it fizzes.
Official show website is: www.liquorandliqueurconnoisseur.com
Join my mailing list: http://eepurl.com/hfyhHf