Episode 70 features Gosling Black Seal Rum, a blended rum from Bermuda that's a key ingredient in the Dark 'n Stormy cocktail. Bottled in 750ml at 40% ABV, or 80 proof, it retails for $19.
Enjoy this episode with some Goslings neat, or in a Dark 'n Stormy!
Goslings' official website: https://www.goslingsrum.com/
Brief Historical Timeline:
- 1806 - William Gosling charters a ship to carry his eldest son James Gosling to Virginia from London with £10,000 worth of wine and spirits to open a merchant business, becalmed at sea, the ship only gets him to Bermuda before his charter runs out
- 1820s - Ambrose Gosling, younger brother of James, joins him in Bermuda
- 1857 - One of the blends Ambrose has been experimenting with becomes known as "Old Rum", later to be renamed Black Seal.
- Pre-WWI, the Goslings begin bottling their Old Rum in reused champagne bottles, sealed with black wax, locals begin to order the "black seal"
- 1940s - The logo with a black seal juggling a barrel of rum on it's nose is introduced
- 1991 - The Dark 'n Stormy cocktail is trademarked by Goslings
Goslings is a required part of the trademarked Dark ' n Stormy. Here's how to make it:
- 4 - 5 oz. Ginger Beer (Goslings would prefer you use their brand)
- 1.5 oz. Goslings Black Seal Rum
- Lime Wedge
Fill a glass with ice, pour in the ginger beer, float the black seal on top, and garnish with the lime.
Official show website is: www.liquorandliqueurconnoisseur.com
Join my mailing list: http://eepurl.com/hfyhHf