Episode 59 features Evan Williams Black Label, a Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey. The bottle for the tasting is 750mL at 43% ABV, or 86 proof and sells for about $12.
Enjoy this episode with a pour of Evan Williams neat, or on the rocks.
Evan William's official website: https://evanwilliams.com/
Brief Historical Timeline:
- 1783 - Evan Williams, the man, starts a commercial distillery in Louisville, Kentucky, claimed to be the first to do so
- 1935 - Heaven Hill Distillery is started by some distillers and an outside group of investors
- 1957 - Heaven Hill introduces the Evan Williams brand, paying homage to Kentucky's first distiller
- 2003 - The 7 year age statement on Even Williams Black Label is dropped
- 2004 - The proof is reduced from 90 to 86 on Black Label
- 2019 - Sales reach 2.3 million 9-liter equivalent cases, making Evan Williams the second most popular bourbon worldwide
Evan Williams Black Label is fine on its own, but does mix well. On hot days, try a Mint Julep:
- 1 teaspoon Powdered Sugar
- 2 oz. Evan Williams Black Label
- 2 teaspoons Water
- 4 Mint Leaves
Muddle the mint, sugar and water together in a collins or double rocks glass. Add the bourbon, then fill the glass with crushed ice. Stir and garnish with a mint sprig.
Official show website is: www.liquorandliqueurconnoisseur.com
Join my mailing list: http://eepurl.com/hfyhHf