Episode 55 features Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, the original spiced rum. The bottle for the tasting is 750mL at 35% ABV, or 70 proof and sells for about $20.
Enjoy this episode with a Captain & Coke!
Captain Morgan's official website: https://www.captainmorgan.com/
Brief Historical Timeline:
- 1944 - Seagram creates Captain Morgan in Jamaica
- 1980 - Seagram's North American team developed a new flavored rum, and needs a name - they repurposed the existing Captain Morgan brand for the new rum
- 1984 - Captain Morgan launched in the United States, and takes off, becoming a major brand
- 2001 - Diageo buys the brand from Seagram
- 2014 - Diageo Canada sues Heaven Hill for trade dress infringement with their Admiral Nelson brand, and won three years later
- 2019 - Global sales reach 11.9 million 9-liter equivalent cases worldwide
The spirit is made to mix with cola. Just add a shot to a tall glass full of ice and top with cola.
Official show website is: www.liquorandliqueurconnoisseur.com
Join my mailing list: http://eepurl.com/hfyhHf