Episode 54 features Christian Brother Brandy, a very popular brand. This is the "VS", or Very Smooth. The bottle for the tasting is 750mL at 40% ABV, or 80 proof and sells for about $12.
Enjoy this episode with some Christian Brothers neat or on the rocks!
Christian Brother's official website: https://christianbrothersbrandy.com/
Brief Historical Timeline:
- 1882 - The Christian Brothers order in the USA is founded in Martinez, California
- 1930 - The Christian Brothers relocate to Napa Valley, California
- 1935 - Brother Timothy begins making wine for the order at age 25
- 1940 - Brother Timothy, as cellar master, introduces brandy to the order's wine production
- 1950s - The Christian Brothers are a major supplier of table wine to the USA
- 1988 - The Christian Brothers made about $70 million in revenues from their brandy sales.
- 1989- The Christian Brothers sell their wine and brandy business to Heublein, for a rumored $150 million
- 1996 - Heublein is rolled into International Distillers & Vintners, as part of Diageo.
- 1999 - Heaven Hill Brands acquires The Christian Brothers Brandies.
The spirit is great neat or on the rocks, but works well in any cocktail that calls for brandy.
Official show website is: www.liquorandliqueurconnoisseur.com
Join my mailing list: http://eepurl.com/hfyhHf