Episode 52 features Galliano, the bright yellow Italian liqueur in the distinctively tall bottle. The bottle for the tasting is 750mL at 42.3% ABV, or 84.6 proof.
Enjoy this episode with a Harvey Wallbanger cocktail!
Galliano's official website: https://www.galliano.com/
Brief Historical Timeline:
- 1895 - Giuseppe Galliano becomes a war hero
- 1896 - Arturo Vaccari invents the liqueur in honor of Giuseppe Galliano
- 1952 - The "Duke's Screwdriver" cocktail is invented, to be later renamed the Harvey Wallbanger
- 1969 - George Bednar, marketing director for Galliano's US importer, hires Bill Young to create the Harvey Wallbanger cartoon mascot
- 1970s - Galliano becomes the best selling liqueur in the USA, selling half a million cases
- 1989 - Remy Cointreau acquires the brand, changing the recipe and renaming it "Galliano Vanilla Liqueur"
- 2006- Lucas Bols buys the brand, changing the recipe back to what is billed as the original
Galliano is forever associated with one cocktail, the Harvey Wallbanger, but can work in many more sophisticated cocktails.
The Harvey Wallbanger:
- 6 oz. Orange Juice
- 1 oz. Vodka
- 0.5 oz. Galliano
Mix Orange Juice and Vodka over ice in the serving glass, a Collins works well. Top with a splash of Galliano and serve.
Official show website is: www.liquorandliqueurconnoisseur.com
Join my mailing list: http://eepurl.com/hfyhHf