Episode 51 features Plymouth Gin, a category of one in the world of gin styles. The bottle for the tasting is 750mL at 41.2% ABV, or 82.4 proof.
Enjoy this episode with some Plymouth Gin, neat, with tonic, or mixed in a martini.
Plymouth's official website: https://www.plymouthgin.com/en-EN
Brief Historical Timeline:
- 1431 - Building constructed as a monastery
- 1530s - King Henry VIII dissolved monasteries in England
- 1620 - Voyagers on the Mayflower spent their last night in England at the distillery site
- 1793 - The Coates family bought the distillery and started producing Plymouth Gin
- 1882 - Trademark is registered for Plymouth Gin, creating a geographically protected designation
- 1930 - Plymouth Gin is listed in more than 20 recipes in the Savoy Cocktail book
- 1940s - Distillery is bombed during the war and the original recipe is lost
- 1996 - A management group buys Plymouth and invests in it
- 2004 - Brand is sold to V&S Group
- 2008 - Pernod Ricard acquires V&S Group and Plymouth Gin
- 2014 - Pernod Ricard lets the geographic protected region designation lapse
Plymouth gin could be an original gin in the Martini. It's also very cocktail friendly.
Try Plymouth Gin in a Gin & Tonic, Martini, or other classic gin based cocktail.
Official show website is: www.liquorandliqueurconnoisseur.com
Join my mailing list: http://eepurl.com/hfyhHf