Episode 48 features Malibu Rum based coconut flavored liqueur. The bottle is 750mL at 21% ABV, or 42 proof and presented in its trademark white color with pair of palm trees against a setting sun.
Enjoy this episode with some Malibu in your favorite tropical cocktail!
Malibu's official website: https://www.maliburumdrinks.com/
Brief Historical Timeline:
- 1978 - A Caribbean style rum based coconut flavored liqueur named Coco Rico is launched in South Africa by Gilbey's
- 1979 - Coco Rico is renamed Malibu, and it's promoted in the UK and beyond
- 2002 - Diageo, then owner of Malibu, sells it to Allied Domecq after acquiring Captian Morgan following the sell off of Seagrams
- 2005 - Pernod Ricard buys Allied Domecq, getting Malibu in the process
- 2019 - Malibu sells 3.8 million 9 liter equivalent cases worldwide
Malibu provides a great coconut flavor to many tropical cocktails, here's one it's heavily associated with:
Malibu Pina Colada:
- 1 part Malibu
- 1.5 parts Pineapple Juice
- 0.5 part Coconut Cream
Combine ingredients with ice in a shaker. Shake well, pour and enjoy!
Much of the content for this episode came from the interview given by James Espey, listed below.
Official show website is: www.liquorandliqueurconnoisseur.com
Join my mailing list: http://eepurl.com/hfyhHf