Episode 40 features Grand Marnier Cordon Rouge, the iconic cognac based, bitter orange liqueur. Bottled in 750ml at 40% ABV, or 80 proof, it retails for $45.
Enjoy this episode with some Grand Marnier neat, on the rocks, or mix it up in a cocktail.
Grand Marnier's official website: https://www.grandmarnier.com/
Brief Historical Timeline:
- 1827 - A distillery outside of Paris, France is founded by Jean Baptiste Lapostolle to produce eau de vie
- 1876 - Louis Alexandre Marnier marries Julia Baptiste, and La Maison Marnier-Lapostolle is born
- 1880 - Grand Mariner is introduced, named "Curaçao Marnier"
- 1892 - The iconic bottle is trademarked and the name is changed to Grand Marnier
- 1980s - Grand Marnier grows with expansion in the United States by embracing cocktails
- 2016 - The Campari Group acquires the brand in a "friendly takeover", ending six generations of family ownership
Grand Marnier is great on its own, but try it in any cocktail calling for triple sec to improve the flavor.
Grand Margarita (Cadillac Margarita)
1 oz. Grand Marnier Cordon Rouge
1 oz. Tequila
1/2 oz. Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
Salt & Lime Wedge Garnish
Rim a margarita glass with salt, combine Grand Marnier, Tequila, lime juice and ice in a cocktail shaker. Shake and strain over ice into glass, garnish with the lime wedge!
YouTube video on Grand Marnier production (in French)
Official show website is: www.liquorandliqueurconnoisseur.com
Join my mailing list: http://eepurl.com/hfyhHf