Episode 39 features Hpnotiq, the light blue liqueur embraced by hip hop and the New York club scene in the early 2000s. Bottled in 750ml at 17% ABV, or 34 proof and retails for between $20 - $25.
Enjoy this episode with some Hpnotiq, try it in an Incredible Hulk cocktail!
Hpnotiq's official website: http://hpnotiq.com/
Brief Historical Timeline:
- 2001 - A relative outsider and noted college dropout, Raphael Yakoby invents and releases Hpnotiq
- 2001 - Nick Storm joins with Raphael Yakoby and they begin selling Hpnotiq out of the back of their car in New York city
- 2002 - The first music video featuring Hpnotiq debuts
- 2003 - Heaven Hill Brands acquires Hpnotiq for between $20 and $60 Million
- 2007 - Nick Storm leaves to assist with the launch of Ciroc Vodka
- 2021 - Hpnotiq turns 20 years old
While Hpnotiq can be consumed on its own, even straight from the bottle, it owes early success to the cocktail below.
The Incredible Hulk (Hpno & Cognac)
2 oz. Hpnotiq
2 oz. Hennessy Cognac
Pour over ice and stir to see the transformation to green. Enjoy!
Official show website is: www.liquorandliqueurconnoisseur.com
Join my mailing list: http://eepurl.com/hfyhHf