Episode 118 features St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram. Bottled in 750ml at 22.5% ABV, or 45 proof and it retails for about $30.
Enjoy this episode with a tiki cocktail using "Pimento Dram" if you like.
St. Elizabeth doesn't have standalone brand website, but here's the producer's website: https://alpenz.com/product-allspice.html
Brief Historical Timeline:
- 1850s - Pimento Dram is thought to have been invented.
- 1862 - First written reference to Pimento Dram as a commercial product.
- 1900s - Pimento Dram is fairly common, and finds use in Tiki cocktails.
- 1980s - Pimento Dram leaves the US market.
- 2008 - Haus Alpenz creates St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram, bringing Pimento Dram back to the US.
St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram works in many tiki cocktails, but try this British concoction from 1937, the Lion's Tail.
- 2 oz. Bourbon
- 0.5 oz. of St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram
- 0.5 oz. fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon simple syrup
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Orange twist
Combine ingredients in a shaker with ice, shake until well-chilled, then strain into a coupe or cocktail glass. Express oil from the orange twist over the top of the drink and discard (the twist, not the drink!).
Book: Vintage Spirits & Forgotten Cocktails by Ted Haigh, copyright 2009 revised edition.
Official show website is: www.liquorandliqueurconnoisseur.com
Join my mailing list: http://eepurl.com/hfyhHf