Episode 75 features Beefeater Gin, a London Dry style produced in London. Bottled in 750ml at 44% ABV, or 88 proof, for the US market, it retails for $20.
Enjoy this episode with a classic Beefeater Gin Martini, or served with tonic.
Beefeater's official website: https://www.beefeatergin.com/
Brief Historical Timeline:
- 1820 - Chelsea Distillery is founded by the Taylor family
- 1863 - James Burrough purchases the distillery
- 1876 - Beefeater Gin is first introduced
- 1895 - The nine botanicals used in Beefeater are recorded in a company recipe book
- 1908 - Production moves to a new distillery in Lambeth, a part of London
- 1958 - Distillery moves again, to a site in Kennington, a part of London
- 1987 - The Burrough family sells Beefeater to brewing giant Whitbread
- 1995 - Desmond Payne becomes Master Distiller for Beefeater
- 2005 - Pernod Ricard acquires Beefeater
- 2014 - A visitor center opens at the distillery
- 2019 - Sales peak at 3.4 million 9-liter equivalent cases
Beefeater mixes very well, try it in a favorite gin cocktail.
Suggested serves include Gin & Tonic with 1 part gin to 3 parts tonic.
Official show website is: www.liquorandliqueurconnoisseur.com
Join my mailing list: http://eepurl.com/hfyhHf