Episode 68 features Ouzo 12, perhaps the best selling brand of ouzo worldwide. Bottled in 750ml at 40% ABV, or 80 proof, it retails for $20.
Enjoy this episode with some Ouzo 12 neat if you dare!
Ouzo 12's official website: http://www.ouzo12.com/
Brief Historical Timeline:
- 1830s -Ouzo production takes off in Greece, "spun off" from Tsipouro
- 1856 - The first commercial ouzo distillery is founded
- 1880 - Kaloyannis Distillery is founded in Constantinople
- 1925 - The Kaloyannis Distillery moves west to the Greek port town of Tessaloniki
- 1950 - Ouzo 12 is first bottled, becoming the first brand to be bottled
- 1999 - Gruppo Campari acquires the brand
- 2004 - Gruppo Campari acquires the Kutsiko distillery in central Greece
- 2005 - Ouzo 12 production is moved to the renovated Kutsiko distillery
- 2016 - Ouzo 12 is the number one brand of ouzo in the world
Ouzo 12 is typically consumed on ice or with water - I highly recommend adding water!
Official show website is: www.liquorandliqueurconnoisseur.com
Join my mailing list: http://eepurl.com/hfyhHf