Episode 45 features Jameson Irish Whiskey, the number one selling Irish whiskey worldwide. Bottle used for the tasting is 200mL at 40% ABV, or 80 proof and came in a gift pack with two other 200ml bottles for $20.
Enjoy this episode with some smooth Jameson neat!
Jameson's official website: https://www.jamesonwhiskey.com/
Brief Historical Timeline:
- 1780 - Distillery founded at Bow St. in Dublin, Ireland by John Stein, cousin of John Jameson
- 1785 - John Jameson becomes general manager of the distillery
- 1805 - John Jameson buys the distillery and brings his son John Jameson II on to run the family business
- 1810 - John Jameson & Sons is founded as a company
- 1851 - John Jameson II turns the business over to his son John Jameson III
- 1880s - Distillery is the largest in Ireland, covering 5 acres, employing 300, and producing 1 million gallons of whiskey a year
- 1900s - A series of events leads to Irish Whiskey's decline
- 1966 - Irish Distillers Ltd. is formed, with 3 of the 4 remaining Irish distillers, including John Jameson & Sons
- 1988 - Pernod Ricard acquires Irish Distillers Ltd.
- 1996 - 1 Million cases sold
- 2010 - 3 million cases sold
- 2019 - More than 8 million cases sold that year
Jameson is smooth, it's perfect neat. But, here's a way to mix it.
Jameson, Ginger & Lime:
- 1 part Jameson Irish Whiskey
- 2 parts Ginger Ale
- Lime wedge
Combine all the ingredients over ice in a glass, squeeze the lime wedge into the drink, then drop it in and serve.
Official show website is: www.liquorandliqueurconnoisseur.com
Join my mailing list: http://eepurl.com/hfyhHf