Episode 33 features Wild Turkey 101 Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey. A standard bearer of American bourbon bottled at 50.5% ABV, or 101 proof. It retails for about $27 for a 750ml bottle.
Enjoy this episode with some Wild Turkey!
Wild Turkey's official website: https://wildturkeybourbon.com/
Brief Historical Timeline:
- 1855 - Companies that will become Austin Nichols are formed
- 1860s - The Ripy family is distilling whiskey near the present day site of the Wild Turkey distillery
- 1934 - Austin Nichols gets into the wine and spirits business
- 1940 - A sales executive goes on a wild turkey hunt and takes some bourbon with him
- 1942 - Wild Turkey as a brand is launched
- 1971 - Austin Nichols buys the distillery run by the Ripy family
- 1980 - Wild Turkey is sold to Pernod Ricard
- 2009 - Campari Group buys Wild Turkey
- 2011 - New distillery opens
- 2016 - Actor Matthew McConaughey becomes the brand's creative director and spokesman
Wild Turkey goes great in any classic bourbon or whiskey cocktail, it's also well known to "improve the flavor of ice!"
Here's the original cocktail, Wild Turkey's take on the Old Fashioned:
Wild Turkey Old Fashioned:
2 oz Wild Turkey 101 Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
1/4 oz simple syrup
2 dashes Angostura Bitters
Stir ingredients together. Pour over ice into a rocks or Old Fashioned glass and garnish with an orange peel.
Official show website is: www.liquorandliqueurconnoisseur.com
Join my mailing list: http://eepurl.com/hfyhHf