Episode 29: Cutty Sark Prohibition Edition
Episode 29 features Cutty Sark's Prohibition Edition. An homage to the brand's birth during Prohibition, it is bottled at 50% ABV, or 100 proof.
Enjoy this episode with a wee dram of Cutty Sark Prohibition Edition.
Cutty Sark's official website: https://www.cutty-sark.com/
Brief Historical Timeline:
- 1923 - Idea to create a new, lighter style of blended whisky was thought up on the 23rd of March, at No. 3 James Street in London.
- 1923 - Captain Bill McCoy, noted rum runner, was arrested for violation of the Volstead Act on November 23.
- 1934 - 7,000 cases sold
- 1936 - 80,000+ cases sold
- 1956 - Advertising begins
- 1961 - Attains designation as the best selling Scotch whisky in the USA
- 1968 - 2.4 Million cases sold
- 2013 - Introduction of Prohibition Edition on the 80th Anniversary of the end of Prohibition
- 2018 - Glen Turner Company Limited acquires Cutty Sark
Neat. A few drops of water if you like.
Wikipedia article on Captain Bill McCoy
YouTube Review of Prohibition Edition by Whisk[e]y Vault
YouTube Review of Prohibition Edition by Whisky.com
Official show website is: www.liquorandliqueurconnoisseur.com