Episode 28: Wiggly Bridge Bourbons
Episode 28 is a special double tasting. I cover two bourbon's from Wiggly Bridge Distillery in York, Maine, USA. Tasting first the Small Barrel Bourbon that is bottled at 43% ABV, or 86 proof. Then the Bottled in Bond Bourbon that's bottled at 50% ABV, or 100 proof.
Special thanks to David Woods, Founder/Owner/Distiller of Wiggly Bridge for speaking with me and for providing the bourbons for the tasting.
Enjoy this episode with either of the Wiggly Bridge Bourbons, served neat, on the rocks, or in an Old Fashion if you like.
Wiggle Bridge Distillery's official website: http://wigglybridgedistillery.com/
Brief Historical Timeline:
- 2011 - Idea to start making whiskey comes up at a family dinner
- 2012 - The family builds their own 15 gallon pot still in Montserrat, in the Caribbean
- 2013 - Received a US Federal permit to distill alcohol
- 2015 - First product available
- 2020 - Planned breakout year, plans changed due to the global pandemic
As with most bourbon, they're recommended to be consumed simply. Either will work in bourbon cocktails, but they're really meant to be enjoyed on their own.
YouTube video showing construction of the 750 gallon potstill
Atlas Obscura Listing on the Wiggle Bridge
Official show website is: www.liquorandliqueurconnoisseur.com