Episode 15 features Stroh 160. A high proof spiced "domestic rum" from Austria. It's a secret-recipe flavored rum that is highly regarded in baking.
Enjoy this episode with a sip of Stroh if you dare!
Stroh's official website: https://www.stroh.at/
Brief Historical Timeline:
- 1832 - Sebastion Stroh begins making liqueurs
- 1857 - Maria Stroh sets up her own facility in Klagenfurt, Austria
- 1900 - Stroh wins a gold medal at the World Expo in Paris
- 1969 - Hanno Maurer-Stroh takes over the family business
- 2001 - Harold Burstein takes over management
- 2008 - Harold Burstein buys out Stroh becoming owner and CEO
Stroh isn't used much in cocktails. Its primary function these days is as a baking ingredient, or a Rum Pot fruit compote creation.
For recipes, take a look at Stroh's YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/STROHAustria/videos
Niche Import Co. - They provided the bottle for this episode!
Wikipedia article on Stroh
Stroh's Facebook Page
Review by The Rum Minute
Wikipedia article on Rum Pot
Official show website is: www.liquorandliqueurconnoisseur.com