Episode 14 features Aperol. An Italian bittersweet liqueur that's a very light 11% alcohol by volume, 22 proof. It's very successful in part due to strong advertising.
Enjoy this episode with an Aperol Spritz!
Aperol's official website: https://www.aperol.com/
Brief Historical Timeline:
- 1912 - Silvio and Luigi Barbieri inherit a liqueur company from their father
- 1919 - Aperol is launched
- 1960s - Aperol launches the "Ah, Aperol!" TV campaign
- 2003 - Acquired by Gruppo Campari
- 2006 - First imported into the USA
- 2011 - New bottle design
- 2019 - Aperol Spritz is the 9th best selling cocktail worldwide
Aperol, perhaps more than any other liqueur is known for a single cocktail, the Aperol Spritz.
The cocktail was invented in the 1950s. Make it by filling a wine glass with ice, then pour in the following:
1oz. soda water
Gently stir, garnish with an orange wheel or wedge.
Ah, Aperol! TV commercial from 1965
Wikipedia article on Aperol
Gruppo Campari Aperol Product Background
Town & Country article on Aperol Spritz
Gruppo Campari Net Sales by Brand
Official show website is: www.liquorandliqueurconnoisseur.com