Episode 12 features Lysholm Linie Aquavit from Norway. It's a caraway flavored potato-based liquor bottled at 41.5% alcohol by volume, 83 proof.
Enjoy this episode with some Linie neat!
Linie's official website: https://linie.com/
Brief Historical Timeline:
- 1805 - Lysholm ships aquavit to the East Indies, nobody buys it
- 1807 - Aquavit shipment returns to Norway, aged from the sea voyage
- 1821 - Current recipe developed
- 2103 - Over 2.5 million bottles produced that year
- 2018/19 - The Linie Proof live stream of a shipment of maturing aquavit
Linie isn't really meant for mixing.
You simply drink it neat as they do in Norway. However, the Linie website has a few recipes.
Adam Rogers' book: Proof, the Science of Booze
Official show website is: www.liquorandliqueurconnoisseur.com