Episode 100 features Gran Centenario Añejo Tequila. Bottled in 750ml at 40% ABV, or 80 proof and it retails for $36.
Enjoy this episode with a neat pour of Gran Centenario!
The official website for Gran Centenario: https://grancentenario.com/
Brief Historical Timeline:
- 1857 - Tavern owner and tequila producer Lázaro Gallardo starts making what will become Gran Centenario
- 1895 - Gallardo names his tequila Gran Centenario to commemorate the new century and the coming 100th anniversary of Mexican independence
- 1920 - Luciano Gallardo, the founder's son, designs art deco inspired bottles and begins selling Gran Centenario beyond the tavern
- 1995(?) - Becle, the parent company of Jose Cuervo, acquires Gran Centenario (may have been much earlier)
- Today - Gran Centenario is the best selling tequila in Mexico
Gran Centenario Añejo makes for a great sipper, but give their signature cocktail a try if you like.
- 1.5 parts Gran Centenario® Añejo
- 1 part Pressed Ginger
- 1 part Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 part Fresh Lime Juice
- 3⁄4 part Agave Nectar
- Dash of Kosher Salt
- Garnish with wedges of fresh Lemon and Lime
YouTube Review (in Spanish)
Official show website is: www.liquorandliqueurconnoisseur.com
Join my mailing list: http://eepurl.com/hfyhHf