Episode 10 features Tullamore Dew Irish Whiskey. The second best selling Irish whiskey in the world. It's a blend of three types of whiskey, matured in three different cask types, listen to learn why Tullamore Dew is intertwined with the number three. 40% alcohol by volume, 80 proof.
Episode 10 also highlights the Irish Coffee served at the Buena Vista Cafe in San Francisco, which pours about 100 bottles of Tullamore Dew a day!
Enjoy this episode with a dram of Tullamore Dew!
Tullamore Dew's official website: https://www.tullamoredew.com/en-gb/
Brief Historical Timeline:
- 1829 - Distillery founded in Tullamore, Ireland
- 1890s - Tullamore Dew brand launched
- 1952 - Irish Coffee introduced at the Buena Vista Cafe
- 1954 - The original Tullamore distillery closes
- 1960s - Brand sold to John Powers & Son
- 1994 - Brand sold to C&C Group
- 2010 - Brand acquired by William Grant & Son
- 2014 - New distillery in Tullamore, Ireland opens
This episode devotes a good portion to the tale of the Irish Coffee that's served at San Francisco's Buena Vista Cafe.
- 1 1/3 oz. Tullamore Dew
- 2 sugar cubes
- 4 oz. of hot coffee
- Fresh lightly whipped cream
Served in a bespoke 6 oz. glass. First the glass is heated by filling with hot water, then drained, 2 sugar cubes are added, then coffee. Sugar and coffee are stirred. Add the Tullamore Dew. Float the cream on top. Enjoy without mixing! Drink the hot coffee through the cold cream.
Additional cocktail recipes can be found on Tullamore Dew's website.
History of Ireland article on Tullamore Distillery
Whiskey Buzz YouTube featuring Tullamore Dew Global Brand Ambassador
Tullamore Dew's ad "The Beauty of Blend"
Official show website is: www.liquorandliqueurconnoisseur.com