Episode 63 features Żubrówka, a Bison Grass flavored vodka from Poland. I ended up with two different bottles. First is Żubrówka brand, 750mL at 40% ABV, or 80 proof and it sells for between $25 and $30. Second bottle is Bak's brand of Bison Grass vodka, 750Ml at 40% ABV, or 80 proof and it sells for $21.
Enjoy this episode with Żubrówka on ice, or mixed with apple juice.
Żubrówka's official website: https://zubrowkawin.co.uk/
Brief Historical Timeline:
- 14th Century - This is when the earliest recipes for Bison Grass vodka originate
- 1920s - The European Bison is near extinction
- 1928 - Żubrówka the modern version and brand is first commercially produced
- 1954 - The FDA in the US bans the chemical substance Coumarin, removing Bison Grass from the US market
- 2003 - Żubrówka label listed by the US Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) Certification/Exemption of Label/Bottle Approvals (COLA) shows "Neutralized Bison Grass" presumably having removed the Coumarin
- 2010 - Żubrówka returns to the US market
- 2019 - Sales of 9.7 millions 9 liter equivalent cases
Żubrówka has a cinnamon flavor component to it, and the most popular way to drink it is with apple juice - resulting in a cocktail that tastes like an apple pie.
- 50 ml Żubrówka
- 100 ml Apple Juice
- Squeeze of Lime Juice
Pour ingredients over ice in a tall glass, like a Collins glass. Enjoy!
Official show website is: www.liquorandliqueurconnoisseur.com
Join my mailing list: http://eepurl.com/hfyhHf