Episode 17 features Drambuie. A Scotch whisky liqueur. This is the Bonnie Prince Charlie's Drambuie.
Enjoy this episode with some Drambuie!
Drambuie's official website: https://www.drambuie.com/
Brief Historical Timeline:
- 1745 - Bonnie Prince Charlie brings Drambuie to the Isle of Skye
- 1746 - Drambuie is given to Clan MacKinnon
- 1870s - John Ross, owner of the Broadford Hotel on the Isle of Skye gets the recipe for Drambuie
- 1893 - James Ross, son of John, registers a trademark for Drambuie
- 1908 - Drambuie is made in Edinburgh by James Ross' widow Eleanor
- 1914 - The Drambuie Liqueur Company Ltd. is formed by Malcom MacKinnon, from Eleanor Ross
- 1916 - Drambuie is the first liqueur accepted to the House of Lords
- 2014 - William Grant & Sons acquires Drambuie
Most people first have Drambuie in a Rusty Nail, a cocktail synonymous with Drambuie.
1.5 oz. Drambuie
1.5 oz. Scotch Whisky
Twist of lemon.
Pour over ice, add the twist and serve.
Wikipedia article on Drambuie
Difford's Guide Article on Drambuie
Rampant Scotland Article on Drambuie
Wikipedia Article on Charles Edward Stewart
Official show website is: www.liquorandliqueurconnoisseur.com