Episode 109 features Gordon's London Dry Gin. Bottled in 750ml at 40% ABV, or 80 proof and it retails for $12.
Enjoy this episode with the late Queen's favorite cocktail, the Dubonnet.
Gordon's official website: https://www.gordonsgin.com/
Brief Historical Timeline:
- 1769 - Alexander Gordon found his distillery in London
- 1786 - The distillery moves to Clerkenwell in London
- 1823 - Alexander's son Charles takes over after a 7 year apprenticeship
- 1877 or 1889 - The Gordon family sells to John Currie & Co.
- 1898 - Gordon's merges with Tanqueray
- 1904 - Gordon's begins being bottled in green glass
- Circa 1905 - Gordon's creates an export label and applies it to clear glass
- 1924 - Gordon's introduces a line of pre-mixed cocktails
- 1934 - Gordon's opens a distillery in New Jersey, USA
- 1962 - Gordon's becomes the bet selling gin in the world
- 1998 - Production of the UK and Europe moves to Fife, Scotland
- 2021 - Annual case sales reached 7.4 million 9-liter equivalent cases
Enjoy Gordon's in the classic Dubonnet Cocktail.
1 part Gordon's Gin
2 parts Dubonnet (French aperitif wine)
Lemon Twist Garnish
Shake liquid ingredients with ice, strain into a chilled cocktail glass and garnish with a lemon twist.
The Gin Guide Listing -includes list of botanicals
Hello Magazine Article on The Queen's Favorite Gin Brand - it was Gordon's
Official show website is: www.liquorandliqueurconnoisseur.com
Join my mailing list: http://eepurl.com/hfyhHf